Thursday, October 05, 2006

"My head feels like there is a Frenchman living in it!"

Well, we finally managed to find a care home for my gran, and it may sound harsh but i'm glad she's gone there - living with a really mentally ill person is nigh on impossible! That is one huge weight off my mind. Another unwelcome and unexpected souvenir from our holiday in Italy is a problem with walking that I developed (I think it may be due to an injury i got while wearing some insoles and shoes that my aunt gave me - she thought it would improve the way I walked (there was nothing wrong with me as far as i could tell, but she is always trying to find something wrong with me, like when i went a bit quieter than usual for a bit because i was worried about having to look after my gran, she said that i wasn't talking at all and that meant i was "abnormal") but it seems to have done the opposite) and at one point it was driving me absolutely crazy (staying at home with nothing to do and only my family for company probably didn't help the feeling either), but at the moment it isn't so bad and i hope it doesn't get that bad ever again.
I'm back at university now, and i feel much, much better. OK, so i seem to be developing a really bad head cold (Freshers' Flu perhaps?) and i think i've managed to give myself some mild food poisoning too (I have to cook for myself now), but my life is normal now. I'm in a self-catering flat with 5 other people, including my mate Harriet, and i get on well with all of them. We have had a few getting-to-know-each-other events, like video nights, a trip to our local, Monopoly games and a trip to a Village People themed fancy dress party at Arena. I don't think anyone in my flat is normally that keen on going to the temple to tackiness that is Arena (I know i'm not that keen on it myself!), but it was an opportunity to dress up for a laugh, and one of my flatmates, Pete (not to be confused with the other Pete that i lived next door to in halls last year), is always dressing up in fancy dress, so we made an exception for that one night. (I went as the cop). I thought it was better than usual - not as crowded as usual, plus people were very friendly (I think the costumes were a conversation starting point!). The DJs were giving away loads of free stuff (just chucking them into the crowd), i got loads of fake banknotes and a poster advertising Jack Daniel's whiskey, not to mention - most bizarrely - a penis weight! I've decorated my room with the banknotes and poster but i don't have a use for the willy weight so i think i might just give it away to any boy who wants it. The music at the club was incredibly loud though... my ears only stopped ringing today - it was on Wednesday and now it's Friday.
Last night me and Harriet also met up with two of our best friends, Chris and Dan, which was great even though it was only for a few minutes. They're always a good bunch for a laugh. Dan's hair was sticking up and formed a lovely quiff - normally he gels it but he hadn't had time to yesterday, but i thought it looked good ungelled (if that is a word!) too. Also his skin seems to have cleared up since i last saw him (way back in June!). I've had a crush on him for ages, and i thought he looked particularly cute last night. He's always been amazingly polite to me, but i'm never sure if it means he fancies me back, because he seems to be really polite to everyone (which is part of his appeal to me). Fingers crossed for luck...
Tomorrow night will be a getting-to-know-our-neighbours party: we've invited people from other flats in our block and the block next door. The only problem is it's the same night as The Cavern's ska/punk/reggae night and The Hub's punk/indie/rock/emo night, and i feel like i'm going to be torn between the three! Hmm...

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hi Hell thanks for popping in to say hi. I know what you can do with the willy weight.... Sell it on ebay the true home of the weird and wacky (and also shoes, never forget shoes....)

Love
laura

(can you believe it's been a year?)

11:37 pm  
Anonymous Neil said...

That's too bad about your gran, but it sounds like she is under the right care.

5:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home